Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Killing a Horror

We went down cautiously, knowing that we could encounter a horror just about anytime. As soon as we arrived at the bottom of the slope we saw a sort of clearing, what used to be the pool area. Right at the center of it were the pool used to be stood the horror. We quickly opted to charge upon him and try to smash it down as fast as possible and so we did. I charged in first, the horror as soon as it saw me enraged. From one of its tentacles a spell was cast hitting me directly in the chest sending me staggering back. With the help of Elessar's spells, as well as Cyrellion's fire support, we manged to close in upon the horror. The pain was still hard to bare, not withstanding I stood up and charged fiercely towards it. I swung my Dolcral's hammer overhead and brought it down upon the horror sending the huge monster some feet back.


Ahmok struck fiercely at the tentacles and gashed quite few. But then the Horror, using its long tentacles, entangled us. I managed to free myself using the blazing flame of the hammer but fell into the water. I was drowning the weight of the armor was dragging me down. I raised my hands and prayed Upandal to grant me the power so as to build a tower that would fill up the whole pool. Feeling the energy surging inside me, I recalled the element of the earth and with the power granted I built a tower. The water spilled out and we just waste down in water. At last I could breath again.


We continue to hit it causing the horror to further enrage.. It entangled me once more, only this time I went unconscious with the blow. A voice was heard in our minds echoing, saying that if they wanted me to live they were to stop fighting instantly. Using the blood charm Ahmok gathered all the power he had in his limbs, and with one ferocious strike, he opened a wide and deep gash in its center sending it to rest dead on the ground.


After some patching up and some potions I regained consciousness. We opted to look around and search for the loot there was. Lots of corpses lay dead in the pool together with valuables and some bits of armor and weapons. On one side one could see what might have been a study area. In there we have found many valuables mainly a single arrow in a box, which after some in depth study I recognize, together with some numbered discs. At the corner there is a pedestal, the same as we had seen at the entrance.


The single arrow was built by a very old weaponsmith nethermancer named Kavia. He was famous in forging weapons of death and a legend said that he was almost an agent f death itself. However he did not forge them for himself but was commissioned to forge such weapons.


With further searching we also managed to find multiple potions, together with some books and notes. Upon further inspection by Jarl, we found a note saying:


The day is beside the earth,

Which is ablaze with the flame,

The precious rests beside the sea,

Which swings above the air.


It obviously aimed the puzzle with the different colors resembling the elements we had found earlier. We opted to rest as we were tired and somewhat beaten up.


The day after we woke up, place the key in the pedestal and turn the mechanism, clockwise. Whilst doing so the brass wall started to open up allowing the rays of the sun to enter and fill up the whole place. The fresh air we were missing, suddenly filled our lungs. Whilst heading up Elessar contacts Wolf and tells him all about our findings and killings. Wolf tells him that the hand is all out for the hunt for our heads. We are also told that it is impossible for us to win over Rasmussen alone as it would take an army to fight an army. But Wolf assures us that an army is massing up so as to fight against Rasmussen.


The spirit asked us to melt the discs, so when up I immediately headed towards a tree and started to chop it down so as to make shift a forge. With the help of the others and a day of hard work, I managed to build a makeshift forge and melt the discs together with fixing up the oricalcum rod we had found.

No comments: