Saturday, September 29, 2007

Heros

Seeing the vision of such a horrible being I was somewhat paralyzed although the forge gave me the strength to speak up and challenge the Horror. The Horror hearing my challenge roared loudly. Hearing that loud roar my feet trembled and without me wanting, fear struck me, and I darted away from the Horror. My companions had done the same. Seeing so I regained will turned and created a wall that covered the door and would thus block the horror in the room, at least until we regrouped. I saw Elessar and Ahmok running before me in the same direction I was whilst when turning round neither Ajisha nor Jarl were in sight. Possibly they headed right at the fork.

I was in complete darkness and could not figure out were I stood and were to head to. I called out for the others with no success. I tried recalling the path to the forge and headed there. After a couple of meters I spotted a vague light at the end. I ran towards it and was happy to feel that warmth turning all around me, as if though protecting me with its warmth. There in the forge huddled in a corner I see Elessar. He is afraid shaking and I try to make him come to his senses.

I tried calling out for the others with no success at first but than Ajisha and Jarl came following my voice. Only Ahmok was missing, who was found after a while by Ajisha and Jarl in the fountain coiled in a fetus position. Whilst Ajisha and Jarl looked for Ahmok I tried to setup the forge hose system in a way to make it pour the hot ore at the door entrance. We all regrouped and agreed that we would make our last stand here no matter what.

Again I go to the door of the forge and call out for him. Some time elapses and than he materializes few meters away from me. He shoots a magical dart and hits me in the chest and sends a frost like sensation that causes much pain and agony. I turn and head back inside with the intent to hopefully lure him in to the trap. To our demise he stopped at the door and started shooting spirit darts at us. All of a sudden a skeleton animated itself in the centre of the room. Seeing so both me and Ahmok charged it and bashed it to the ground. Elessar materialized a spear and threw it straight at the horror sending him on the floor. Seeing so Ahmok charged the horror with no success unfortunately as he falls on the icy surface produced by Jarl.

The Horror stood up moved forward where the trap was set and grabbed Ahmok from the neck, and was trying to choke him. Heroically Ahmok screamed at Ajisha to pull the lever regardless of him being caught in the trap as well. Both Ahmok and the horror screamed with pain as the hot molten ore fell on top of them. After a few seconds both fell unconscious on the floor maggots lay scattered and burnt together with the stench of burnt flesh and maggots gave nausea. We dragged Ahmok out of the molten ore and gave him a last chance salve with the hope to see him regain his senses. We rested a bit and regained our breath.

We opt to venture further in the tomb with the hope to find the discs. As soon as we enter the tomb we see the statue of Dolcral, its posture as if though waiting to hold something. I place my hammer in its hands the statue grasps it and pulls back giving way to an entrance.

As soon as we surpass the entrance Dolcral himself appears. He talks to me as if I was their alone. He offers me the forge and asks me to either man it or destroy it, as he would not rest knowing that another Horror could make the forge his home once more. I choose to men it or it least find some one worth to men it. He also hands me one of his hammers and compliments me for the craftsmanship of mine. Than Dolcral turns and vanishes the same way he had come.

We proceed to leave the forge and rest in the cavern outside. I close the door of the forge as if though I had known how to open or close it ages ago. We make camp in the cavern and rest our aching bones.

Day comes as the first rays of light starts peeking through the cavern. Elessar and Ahmok move ahead so as to meet the Trolls. From a distance I see the vessels landing on the soft sand impairing us the vision of our friends. However after a couple of minutes or so we see them coming back with two huge books on their back. A sigh of relief leaves my heart. At last we can head back to Urupa.

No comments: